Saturday, January 2, 2016

#2016 - #Newbeginnings

Is it that time of the year again?
For reflections of the months gone by,
Where masking the tears, were the smiles aplenty.
A cuss under the breath and the avalanche of intolerance spilled, and
In the dark of the night rising cries of pity. No. Anger, into the pillow.
Resolve for an affirmation of change,
Beginning from me - the fingers pointing at me no longer.
When thought out resolutions are copious, assuring life anew,
A time for hope they say; that numerology may help!

Plans to meet who, when and where - the Marina or perhaps the Corniche?
For pretty dresses to impress - He likes the color blue, he said.
But, 'Sorry we don't have an open slot Ma'am'
The polish has a smudge and there is no repair,
The blue one isn't showing my cleavage enough,
The beauty spot needs to show - the red one is short too,
My eyes trace the slit and the red reflection smiles.

The sea of yellow and red is growing bigger.
Oh, I wish they would hurry!
But will I be able to focus on me
The regime of Yoga. No, he said Zumba!
And no whites; for how long would that be?
And the phone is ringing and I do not hear.
I am late, as always he says.
Be good - And who is saying that?
I should have worn blue!
And us...
Is that a light?

==========


Shades of the new year at Carter Road Bandra last evening with massive crowds of people took to the roads with friends, kids, elders and family were an interesting first time experience for me. People of all kinds Indian and foreign; tiny and huge; modern and conservative; young and old hugged, smiled, laughed, Selfied, lit crackers, wore caps and red illuminated horns and let go of balloons and floating lanterns into the dark sky singing Happy New Year ... it was a time for cheer.


At the traffic signal was an efficient cop on duty directing traffic. I extended my hand out at him saying 'Happy New Year Sir'. He smiled and gave out and then on second thoughts pulled back his hand. smiled and said 'Happy New Year Maam' and went on with his job at hand ;)

No comments:

Raj Kumar Singh - Being Good, Rickshaw Driver, Mumbai

While getting off a rickshaw saddled with a few heavy bags last afternoon, I heard a sound of something dropping and so turned to look ba...